A versatile stock to use in all kinds of Malaysian and Asian recipes – and it’s very easy and quick to make.
Subscribe for more Asian cooking tips, recipes and secrets: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=jackiemsydney
Prawn heads and shells from 2 kg of prawns
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup Garlic, peeled (optional)
4 L Water or chicken stock
1. Heat up oil in stock pot.
2. Add garlic cloves and sauté until lightly browned.
3. Add prawn heads and shells and fry until aromatic.
4. Add water or chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer for at least 45 minutes.
5. Strain and discard shells.
6. Add seasoning e.g. chicken stock granules, white pepper and rock sugar to make prawn noodle soup.
7. Leave unseasoned for use in other recipes.
Make sure not to miss a single video from Jackie M – Click here to subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=jackiemsydney
Southeast Asian Street Food Specialist
How to Make Prawn Stock
Lenovo | Rode Microphones