This is a fresh and delicious vegan lemon custard made with tofu on top of a raw nut crust!
– 1 cup nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans or brazil nuts are good – combine 2 or 3 kinds)
– 8 medjool dates, pitted
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 cup shredded coconut
– 1/2 cup lemon juice (from 2 – 3 fresh lemons)
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 Tbsp agar powder
– 1 box Firm Silken Tofu (12.3oz)
– Zest of 1 lemon
– 1/2 cup agave syrup
1. Soak dates in boiling water for 5 – 10 minutes
2. Add nuts, coconut and cinnamon to food processor and process until crumbly
3. Add dates to food processor to completely blend with nuts. The mixture may form a sticky ball. It should at least stick together when pressed with your fingers.
4. Divide the crust between the six ramekins, and press firmly into the bottom, using a spatula or your fingers
1. Squeeze lemons and strain to make 1/2 cup lemon juice
2. Heat lemon juice, water and agar slowly, stirring with a whisk until it thickens (3 – 5 minutes). Set aside.
3. Add the silken tofu, lemon zest, agave syrup to a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed
4. Add the lemon and agar mixture to the silken tofu mixture and blend
5. Spoon/pour the lemon tofu custard into the ramekins, on top of the raw crust.
6. Cover and chill for 4 hours minimum.
Serve garnished with fresh berries. Enjoy!
I made this for my mom’s birthday as well as gave one to my coworkers and my boyfriend and everyone loved them!!
Check out my beauty channel: http://www.youtube.com/fadingdreams300
Follow me on twitter and instagram @fadingdreams300
Send me a card or postcard:
PO Box 35013