Dahi Ke Kebab, famous Indian starter.
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Dahi-Ke-Kebab-30940r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Dahi ke Kebab
Rich, richer, richest – you will be at a loss how to rate these creamy and soft Dahi ke Kebabs. Interestingly, hung curd forms the main ingredient of these kebabs, supplemented by paneer and bread crumbs for volume and shape. This trio is perked up with herbs, masalas and cashewnuts, not to forget the innovative addition of deep-fried onions, which gives an irresistible crunch and intense flavour to the kebabs. This kebab is quite different from the lot, because it has a unique texture, which is not crisp, but soft and creamy with the mild crunch of onion in between. Enjoy this unique starter immediately with green chutney.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 8 kebabs.
½ cup hung curds (chakka dahi)
1¼ cups grated paneer (cottage cheese)
½ cup fried onions
3 tbsp chopped cashewnuts (kaju)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
5 tbsp bread crumbs
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
A pinch of sugar
Salt to taste
Bread crumbs for rolling
Oil for deep-frying
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter round kebab.
3. Roll each kebab in bread crumbs so that the kebabs are evenly coated from both the sides.
4. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 2 kebabs at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
5. Drain on an absorbent paper. Serve immediately with green chutney.
At step 4, do not turn the kebab too frequently while deep-frying, else they will break.